Preparing for an EEGhttps://chesapeakeneurology.com/wp-admin/
In order to obtain the best possible results from the testing, please follow the guidelines below:
- Wash hair the night before the test. Come to appointment with dry hair.
- Bring your complete list of all medications with you.
- Take your medications before coming to your EEG test.
- EAT A FULL MEAL immediately prior to the test. If you are having other tests done PRIOR to the EEG, that require you NOT TO EAT, then eat immediately after that test, but before you come to have your EEG done.
- DON'T USE hair sprays, oils or cream rinse on your hair.
- DON'T drink or eat anything with caffeine (i.e. tea, soda, chocolate) the day of the test.